Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Country Farm House...



I grew up on land with animals, a garden, and all things homemade.  The older that I get, the more I appreciate the wonderfully simple upbringing that I had from my parents.  If I had it to do over, I'd complain so much less about the yard work on that massive amount of land and the seemingly endless gardening that we did each summer preparing for the winters.  I'm here to tell you, I long for the day when I can have a big white farmhouse, feed the cows, have my very own flower garden to pick fresh flowers for our home, and help feed the community with home grown vegetables.  

I have been so inspired by Trina's life in her renovated country farmhouse.  She and her husband have worked tirelessly to make it their own while respecting the structure of the home.  And, it isn't just her home that I absolutely love.  She picks fresh flowers and adorns her home with them, she loves to cook simple, delicious meals with whole foods, and she has an apron collection!  I'm thinking cooking might be so much more fun in one of those aprons! 

Her life is an inspiration to me, and I don't know about you, but I want my life surrounded with people that inspire me to live my life to the fullest.  Trina, and her home, are remarkable, and you'll surely be inspired when you visit her blog!   


5 comments:

  1. Girl....I want the house next door! Ahh..all things simple, sweet and earthy! Longing for the same! Love your blog..Love..Love... and you happen to be one of my favorite people in the world too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara, Thank you so much for your kind words! The collage is great - how did you do that!? It's been an absolute pleasure to meet so many wonderful people through blogging. It's people like YOU who inspire me to celebrate the place we live, and the rich beauty of the simple things in life. The blog world provides such a wonderful sense of community, it's quite special. So glad to have met a new friend. xoxoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Tara! I just found Trina's blog a few months ago and I love it and have included her blog in my posts the past 2 days in a row. You and I are on the same wavelength for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...one more thing, welcome to the world of blogging. Your blog is wonderful and I'm adding you to my blog roll. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via an inpired room and have found your blog pretty inspiring so far. (I love the double meaning to your header- so clever!) I will definitely check out this blog you are recommending because it's the little things that i try to savor every day.

    ReplyDelete