Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let the Sunshine In...


We've been married almost 14 years, and we've lived in 4 states, 3 apartments, and 5 houses. Do you ever look back and realize just how much your style has changed over the years?

I'm not the same girl that I was when I got married at 23. I've changed from the inside out. When I was young, I was very unsure of what I liked. Honestly, it seemed like I spent most of my 20's second guessing myself. how exhausting.

In the most recent years, I've become so much more sure of what I like and what I don't like in my home, which I suppose means I'm finally growing up.

I love natural, bright light so much that when I get up each morning, I start my coffee and then open up all the blinds throughout the whole house. I've even convinced my kids over the years that after making their beds, the next thing on the list is opening up their drapes!

The only thing equally as beautiful as bright sunshine in every room of a home would be live plants and fresh flowers.

This new blogging friend is so faithful to pick fresh flowers from her garden and display them in so many of her beautiful rooms!

Sunshine, green plants and fresh flowers bring life to a room.

So, open up your drapes...put a plant where ever you can put one, and always add fresh flowers!

Keep your face toward the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you.


image 1 from the New Old House.
images 2,3,6,7 from here
image 4 from here
image 5 from here
images 8,9 from here

10 comments:

  1. Hello Tara, welcome to the world of blogging. I found your link over on Melissa's blog The Inspired Room, I love her blog, with so many inspirational ideas..and great photos.

    Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I found you from The Inspired Room. Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your sweet blog - and sweet family!!!! I am the mother of 2 boys and a girl also- but my girl is the oldest!!! what fun it is!!!! Enjoyed reading and looking at your fabulous pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing a piece of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I completely agree! Thanks for the positive words this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful photos! I couldnt agree with you more about natural light and opening the curtains first thing in the morning!

    Your blog is lovely! Very honored to be included in your blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos! I actually have that last photo saved in a folder on my laptop. It's so beachy which is what I love about it. It looks like it could be the perfect intimate wedding reception table for a casual, beachy couple.

    I love ALL of the other crisp, clean images too. I definitely have to agree about a more grown-up style. My decor style 10 yrs ago vs. today are night and day!

    I wanted to let you know that I loved your post on the Winter Park homes and I've now shared it via my latest blog post with my readers. I have linked everything to your blog so you may have some new readers soon. :) I'm following you now too.

    Here it is if you want to check it out:

    http://theclassywoman.blogspot.com/2010/02/home-life-in-orlando-eye-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos. You capture some really nice inspiration pieces. I too have found my style has changed over the year. Now I am into neutrals and down home classic style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Found you via The Inspired Room! My husband and I also met at UGA and I'm from North Georgia :). We have lived in three states in three years and three different places. I totally understand what you are saying in your post, I was thinking about when I registered how I was second guessing and wondering if people would like it. Now at 29 I go with what I like, am confident about it, and love my home more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration pictures.

    Found you via The Inspired Room. I also live in the Orlando Area (Maitland)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tara, Thank you so much for including me in your lovely post! It is so true, ones style certainly does evolve over time. It's really quite fascinating...having a blog has made me realize that about my own style! And sunshine and fresh flowers in a house sounds like the perfect recipe for ultimate coziness! xoTrina

    ReplyDelete