Friday, February 19, 2010

Pillow Talk...

 
I find myself looking forward to Friday's in "Blogland" because it's a chance for me to see what is inspiring everyone.  Melissa, over at The Inspired Room,  is always encouraging us to capture the things that inspire our lives. 
 

source:  De-De's Etsy Shop 
 Today, I'm inspired by pillows! 
 

 I got rid of all the pillows that came with our sofas about 6 months ago before I ever replaced any of them.   


source:  The Shabby Nest 
Sometimes for me, I have to get rid of the old before I can imagine the new.
 

Source:  The Shabby Nest 
When you are looking at bare sofas, it kind of forces you to think about what you really want.  We have a family room and a sitting room, so I needed enough pillows for four sofas and a couple of chairs. 
  
Source: Pottery Barn 
I found two solid pillows with buttons from TJ MAXX that look very similar to the ones above.  Don't you love when you find something there for a fraction of the price?  I do!!
 
 
Source:  Pottery Barn 
I'm okay with sitting with empty spaces for awhile if it means that I can eventually get what I really want. 
 
 
Source:  Pottery Barn 
  Pottery Barn has some amazing patterned pillows.  And, since I was pretty determined about the look that I wanted, I ended up buying four of the same spectacular kind straight from our Pottery Barn in Winter Park...one for each of the four sofas in our two rooms.  I chose to buy only the pillow covers and then used some pillow forms that I had already on hand.  It was more affordable that way!  
 
 
Source:  Pottery Barn 
  It's been 6 months, and I have to say that I'm ready to have my "pillow project" crossed off the to do list!  Recently, I've found some amazing Etsy shops that offer beautifully handmade pillows.   I'm loving all things "ruffles" so I'm pretty certain that a couple of those ruffled beauties are going to find a home on some of my furniture!  When you get a chance, check out the Etsy shops that I've featured today and by all means, head on over to The Inspired Room to check out all the inspiring things out in bloggy world today.

 
 

13 comments:

  1. I'm on a hunt for pillows too! I think I always am, in a way :) I am in love with those beautiful ruffly pillows!! I'm definitely going to have to find one like that. It just sort of adds a touch of glamour and girlyness to a room.

    Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the ruffled pillows and those with rosettes too! I started making my own pillows last year using vintage feed sacks, linen, burlap and ticking. I'd love to copy PB's with the buttons~ very cute.
    Happy Friday to you Tara! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ABSOLUTELY with you on leaving something blank till you find exactly what you want! I always ditch the stuff (even whole couches!) that just don't speak to me. I'd so much rather have an empty room than one that doesn't inspire me every time I walk into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the shout out!!! You have a lovely blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it..."its all about the pillows" my husband always quotes me! Also another money saving tip...i bought 1 long curtin from PB and had someone (who knows how to sew) make me 4 pillows and 2 roman shades out of one curtin. Saved sooo much money! But what will my husband say when i tell him i found cute new rose and ruffle pillows:) Always love the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love me some TJ Maxx. I did the same thing with pillow covers from PB, I just stuffed the old ones in there. I love the idea of using burlap and flour sacks, also another tip is to use kitchen towels. Anthropology has some real cool vintage ones. So glad you are blogging. I can hear your sweet voice when I read your words. By the way it is 3 weeks and 2 days til we see you. Can't wait friend. Thanks for the breath of fresh air today. Love you. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia...can't wait to see every single person in your family!! Lydia is so ready to meet her friend, Maggie Mae, that she can hardly stand it!

    love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-) Thanks for the plug! I'm honored to have on of my cashmere pillows in the running. I do take custom orders as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading your blog (a lot, a lot)... Maybe one day I'll have a home instead of temporary houses so I can use all your wisdom! I did make some really fun pillows out of some placemats I got at Target! Oh how I aspire to live life as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve the pillows! I just bought a BOLT of burlap for our new house. I have tons of fabric collecting, but that is a story for another day! Can't wait to see your sofas with your new pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh These are great. So pretty and unusual. I recently started doing a feature on my blog of pillow of the week. You have offered up some new resources for me. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the flower bloom pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those ruffly pillows! I'm going to look for some for our living room!! Thanks for sharing :D

    http://buybimatoprostonline.com/

    ReplyDelete