Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring is coming!


  
We live in sunny Florida where we see flowering blooms for most of the year.  We aren't experiencing snow storms.  We're not shoveling snow, making soup every other day, dressing in 4 layers of clothing, making snowmen and having snowball fights in the front yard.  No, we're pretty much freezing in 45 degree weather.  Don't laugh.  Something seriously happens to your blood when you live in this kind of weather all year.  Can you imagine how absolutely ridiculous we feel for saying that we're cold when our family and friends all over the country are experiencing true winter weather?  P.r.e.t.t.y. R.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s.  

And still, even though it hasn't felt like a true Winter here in Florida,  I'm still aching for the new life that comes with Spring.   I guess it just goes to show that whether you live in a place that has one season or all four, everyone can count on experiencing each season in life.  I'm thinking about some of the areas of my life that God has pruned away this "Winter" season.  Those times, just like the Winter months, seem long and never ending.  Thank God for Spring!  I can already see "new life" sprouting in my heart and mind.  Being pruned is hard.  It hurts.  But, I want the fullest life, and there is a fullness that comes after pruning that makes me grateful for this season.  Spring is coming!!  God is always working on our behalf.  His answers are rarely quick, seldom easy, but always best.   

 Habakkuk 3:17
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet, I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

3 comments:

  1. What a refreshing post.. Makes me anticipate Spring even more!

    And you're definitely right, His answers are seldom quick and easy, but they are ALWAYS best. = )

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely post. I too am just trying to endure the winter here in Orlando. I have to laugh at myself for thinking 45 degrees is cold but it is after months of 90+ degrees.

    I have definitely been experiencing the winter season and while it can be frustrating, I know it is necessary and HE knows best for us all.

    I am so looking forward to all that spring has to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when my friend is profound...which is most days! I find when I am being "pruned" I want to go sit in the tub for countless hours and turn into one!!! God is always faithful...waiting o him!

    ReplyDelete