Thursday, March 4, 2010

Come on In...


 
  Welcome!  I wanted to show you a couple more rooms in our home.  As you walk in the front door, this vignette is to the right.  The painting was done by a lady from our first church in Montgomery, AL.  She painted it for me because she knew how much I adore geraniums.  The half-moon table is from Eddy West Furniture.  I've mentioned before how much I love decorating with books...here I  have a group resting on two old suitcases underneath the table and a couple of antique ones that I found at Goodwill on top.  I decorate seasonally with my apothocary jars from TJ Maxx, so I recently added my moss and speckled eggs for Easter.  My creamy white ceramic bunny also came from TJ Maxx.  

 
  This home has a very open floor plan so when you are standing in our entryway, you can see straight into our dining room.  The sideboard is from Eddy West furniture, the lamps are from TJ Maxx, the mirror was free from some friends who didn't want it anymore, and the old dough bowl is from an antique store in North Georgia that I found years ago.  A very talented man from our church in North Georgia hand crafted our table to match the sideboard, and we couldn't be more pleased with the perfect job he did! (you can see a better shot of it in the picture below!)  The sign above the mirror was made for us by our sweet friend, Tracey.  It serves as a wonderful reminder to us that we want our home to be a refuge.  I started keeping our table set with our white dishes sometime last year, and I love this look because it feels warm and welcoming.  Pottery Barn hung the cutest tags from their glass ware in their newest catalog, so I'm pretty sure that's my next DIY project.  Have you seen their new catalog?  Mine came yesterday, and I have poured through every.single.page!

  
Here is a broader view as you walk in the front door.  The wall of glass doors leads out onto our screened in back porch.  I can't say enough how much we've enjoyed our outdoor area.  Because we live in Florida, it really is another living area for most of the year.  The Nester would be so proud of me with my drapes...they are painter's drop cloths.  I hemmed them and put them on rings...easy as pie and cheap!  I've thought about adding a strip of burlap across the bottom of them, but they'll have to do for now.  You can only see one of my red chairs, but there is actually another one just like it flanking the other side of that sofa.  My husband found the chairs for $10 a piece at a thrift store and we bought the fabric and had a man in North Georgia upholster them for us. 
  
Here is a close up of the red chest in our front living room.  It is also a piece from Eddy West Furniture.  They make absolutely beautiful furniture that is high quality and exquisite in every way.  The three drawers that you see on this chest are wide enough and deep enough to hold my children.  No, I've never put my children in them...I'm just trying to give you a visual. *smile*  I do promise to share the story behind the furniture that we have from their wonderful collection in a post coming soon... And, I have to mention the three sepia portraits of our children.  I found the most fantastic photographer when we lived in Montgomery, AL.  I had my oldest son's portrait completed on his 2nd birthday right before we moved to Georgia.  Because I was never able to find anyone that did sepia portraits as well as this photographer, I took both my 2nd child and my 3rd child back to Montgomery for their 2 year sepia portraits.  I LOVE that I have each of my children captured at that precious age.  


Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

10 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful!! I hope your previous house sells soon...

    The red chest is gorgeous, and I love the sepia prints of your children! What a great idea...

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this....and love that you wrote about each space. So comfy & warm. Can't wait to see more & hear the Eddy West story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your house and even more the people in it! Love the plates over the doors! You are a talented girl! Now come on over and do some more decorating at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your home is beautiful and quite cheery! I love the pops of red. The entry is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe...I remember when my aunt, uncle and cousins came to visit the States from Japan (they were missionaries), my baby cousin slept in a drawer. :) I love your home! Oh I'm just dying over your dough bowl. That's on my list of things to buy. I love them. And I really like how you have matching lamps on your different pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tara! I just adore your home and your style of decorating! It def looks like a warm and cozy house...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the inside of your home!! Your sideboard is to die for!!!! Can you tell me where you got your sofa's from? We are in the market for 1 or 2 when we move. We currently haev very comfy down sofa from Thomasville, but it hasn't held up like I thought it would! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is so pretty light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! a far, far cry from the wesley house a few years back. can you say J E A L O U S ?? :)
    what's the yellow wall color?? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. would you mind sharing the color of the walls in this post? my walls are a darker muted yellow....I need to brighten! tnx from south louisiana

    ReplyDelete