Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Family Fun...


This has been the most fun day for our family!  I featured several cupcakes from Food Network this past week, and my kids chose the one that you see above for us to make together this weekend.  I made the cupcakes and then set each kid up their very own station with icing, coconut grass, and eggs.  They had so much fun working on their creations!  We're pretty sure that more icing landed in their mouths than on the cupcakes...is there such a thing as Icing Over Dose? 

I have to admit that I can most of the time  sometimes get caught up in wanting the creations to look near perfect and often times ruin spoil some of the fun for my kids, but not this time!  We really enjoyed our time together, and I'm blown away by how very little it takes to bring laughter and joy into the lives of our children.  


Happy Easter Everyone!
T


8 comments:

  1. T! I totally agree with you about sometimes getting caught up on making the projects look pretty! I stopped that awhile ago..lol..i just set my pretties aside for later and have a ton of fun with fam..while doing it! Your family is lovely! Thank you for stopping by and always visiting me. Your blog is such and inspiration to me! Happy Easter! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not alone :) It's a symptom of too much food network and hgtv :) (at least for me) These pictures are adorable though - and the cupcakes and kiddos look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only are the adorable they were delicious too! Thanks for the sweet surprise! Happy easter friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Isn't it fun celebrating all weekend? Have a great Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your gorgeous kids are having a fabulous Easter - the icing looks delicious! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum and so cute. I hope you and your precious family enjoy the holiday today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for droppping by my little space in the blog world. I am thrilled you have found me. Happy Easter!!! I hope to see more of you...and I hope your Easter was as beautiful and as yummy as you planned. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made those same cupcakes! So fun and so cute! Glad y'all had fun.

    ReplyDelete