Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Back.

Lydia's 3rd birthday party...and my very first blog post!

Family day at Disney, where everything is magical and wonderful

Our Disney cruise as a family
...highly recommend a family cruise...totally relaxing
We welcomed Max into our family...such a spoiled little doggie


We went to pick strawberries at Pappy's Strawberry Patch and made so many yummy desserts
Luke's 10th birthday party

We made the corkboard out of a cheap painting that we found at a garage sale to go above our computer desk

$3 lamp that we bought at a garage sale and repainted with my favorite mugs ever...courtesy of Walmart
Our new birdhouse that we got from a garage sale and the Halleberg Nursery sign that we made from an old painting

Our boys decided to share a room this year
Our City Sign that we made for about $25-30

Lydia's headboard made out of old closet doors that we got from our neighbors for free when they were tossing them

Lydia's corkboard that we made out of an old frame from a garage sale

celebrating my birthday...#37

Our trip to Anna Maria with Tim and Tracey

Memories from my trip to LA to see Kate and her family

Before and Afters of our Foyer

Before and Afters of our family room

Before and Afters of our Living Room


The Shelves we made in our kitchen
Seth's 8th birthday with everyone sporting their "hill-billy" teeth


My trip to Pennsylvania for Michele's 40th


zip-lining in Pennsylvania for the first time
Our New Bed skirt-made with Painters Drop Cloth

The old glass jars that we found at a garage sale and made into two awesome bedside lamps for our master


Fall 2010 and the numbers that I put on our front door

Our trip home to Northeast Georgia to see family and friends

We became Sebastian, Bunny, Kitty and Charles on our weekend away while celebrating Tracey's 40th birthday

My new Pottery Barn lamps that I saved forever for paired with our $2 tool box and my awesome cow painting

Merry Christmas 2010

No mantle..so we improvised!
Our Family Rules sign that we made for the kids bathroom

My kids on Christmas morning 2010

 
I'm so glad that I started blogging in 2010
Not only have I met some really amazing and talented friends...
but it's allowed me to record many of the memories our family made together and the projects that we completed at home.
I've had friends ask me why I blog...
how I have the time with homeschooling and marriage and home keeping....
We just all make time to do things that we enjoy and this is one of the things I chose.
This blog helps me to be intentional about living this life that I've been given to the fullest.
I can't wait to see what 2011 holds!







25 comments:

  1. Wow! Super fun! It looks like I will have to go back and read from the beginning. It all looks wonderful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started blogging! I've gotten so many ideas from you. I recently copied your living room and hung some old wooden shutters I found at an antique store on each side of our window. I'll post it soon! What a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding you in 2010 has been so rewarding!!!! I love my visits here! You are always inspiring.... in all areas of your life... thank you for sharing yourself with us on your blog :)
    can't wait for 2011 and sharing it with you,
    Happy New year!!! loved the look back.... it was a great year :)
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful family!!:) And Im so glad I found your blog.YOU are such a sweetheart and are so talented too!! Best wishes for an even better 2011 my friend! Hugs, Rachel

    *French Farmhouse 425*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful year indeed! I'm so glad I found your blog - you have been a huge inspiration in so many ways.
    I look forward to a great 2011!

    xo sarah

    btw ~ you have a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was fun...this has really been a fun day with everyone looking back over a year...and I agree with the above comments. You have a beautiful family. They have a momma and a wife with a beautiful heart:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful Tara...

    Deborah :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEN HEEL GOED EN GEZOND 2011 !!!...

    LIEVE GROETJES VAN MIJ....

    ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
      ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
    ☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
    ☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

    A REALLY GOOD AND HEALTHY 2011 !!!

    WARM HUGS FROM ME ........

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great recap of your year . . . so many great projects and a lot of fun along the way.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your roundup of the year, Tara.....especially those hill-billy teeth! Okay there were lots of other things I loved here this year - the drop-cloth bedskirt, cow picture, city sign, and your lovely voice in your writing. Thanks for all your hard work over here this year and hope your 2011 is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you blog. I have seen some really cute design ideas and have enjoyed getting to know you. Blessings to you in 2011.
    PS I am thinking about trying a sign... going to get my daughters involved and make more than 1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH how I'm so glad you've started blogging in 2010 - it is such an evolution, isn't it? I just love that I found you and have been inspired by you.

    I can't wait to see what 2011 holds for you....and me, too!

    Happy New Year - cheers to the outgoing 2010 and incoming 2011!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome blog! I just realized you were a fellow Dawg fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tara, what an awesome review! hugs to you & yours! cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog!
    You so totally DO NOT look 37! You look waaay younger, like early 20s!
    I love your home and am inspired by your faith in the Lord! Can't wait to read your posts in 2011~

    Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great year of many fun projects and memories. You are beautiful btw, just looking at that close up Disney pic of you makes me want to take better care of my skin! Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a full year! I bet you wouldn't have known how full and accomplished it was had you not recorded it! I've asked myself a hundred times in the last week why I blog and if I'll keep doing it. I love photography and know that God maded me a writer, but man it takes time! And it's not like I have a big following (20 or so official followers?). So the question of why is still out there for me, but I'm glad you do it and enjoy it! And so happy our paths have crossed!

    Blessings to you in 2011!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing to think that your house looked so amazing before 2010...and how you have made it even better! Great memories! Beautiful home beautiful family! So glad you dove in this year and followed your blogging dream!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun to look back with you!!!!
    Such a gorgeous family you have inside and out!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this post. You had a great year. I actually used this post to try and talk my brother into taking his kids on a disney cruise. I'm so ready for a tan and some swimsuit pictures! I guess that snowboarding will have to do for now! This was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg! i just found your blog and i soooo appreciate this little recap.

    let me say you have a beautiful, stunning, lovely home! inspired by so many of your lovely details!!! thanks for sharing. so happy i found you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVE family rules sign. It's great looking and a great idea. More importantly, your rules are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found your blog........& I love your dropcloth bedskirt. I have searched & searched your site for this posting. Must have missed it somewhere. I also love your bedding & I'm gonna have to ask where you scored that find, lol. Thanks!

    Roxanna
    roxemor@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that cow painting. How great and unique!

    Very nice to meet you. Here from Tif's place.

    We are also a homeschooling family that loves the Lord. I love to meet other homeschool mamas.

    ReplyDelete