Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wait with Hope.




Well, my word for 2012 is definitely WAIT.
I love God's perfect timing.
Last year, my word was HOPE.
There was an area of my life that had caused me great despair.
I had carried around hurt from an experience in my childhood for years.
I didn't understand where God was in that experience,  and I wrestled Him over it for twenty years.
At the root of my struggle, I doubted his goodness and his love for me.

In the beginning of last year's journey, I felt so completely over-whelmed by the hugeness of my need.
I wish I could tell you there was a formula to follow, 
but this kind of journey requires utter dependence on someone bigger than yourself.
I spent the year just admitting and confessing what was in my heart.
And, I asked for His help.
Every time he revealed a lie that I'd believed,  I confessed & repented
 & asked him to replace the lie with His truth.
I repeated that cycle over and over and over all year long.

I was powerless to give myself the hope in him that I needed.
But, he wasn't powerless, and he heard the prayers of my heart.
He produced a hope in me that is now overflowing.

There is great power in understanding the lies that you have believed about God,
 confessing and repenting and asking him to replace them with His truth.
Before you know it, He has replaced what was once despair and unbelief with hope and faith in Him.
His truth is written on the tablets of your heart.
forever.

I have HOPE going into 2012, and I'm gonna need it while I WAIT.
Psalm 27:14
Wait with hope for the Lord. 
 Be strong, and let your heart be courageous.  Yes, wait with hope for the Lord.

I'm almost {but not really} speechless at his goodness.
You know I can't keep silent about why he gave me the word WAIT for this year, 
but this post can't handle another word from me.
Be back tomorrow.


{thankful for}
243. truth revealed.
244. His bigger picture.
245. my boys playdate with friends this afternoon.
246. a dreary, rainy day made for wearing pjs all day.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and something I needed to hear today! Thank you so much, I am working on replacing the lies and doubting of God and his goodness as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful & powerful
    yet
    since my word is NOT wait....i can't wait to hear more!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my other friends chose the same word! I just got off her blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word. I commented on Farmgirl Paints about her word "rest." It made me think of the song "My Hope is in You" by Aaron Shust. There is a line in the song I absolutely love and has really resonated with me lately. It says, "I wait for you and my soul finds rest." I'm sure you can relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't wait to read the next post. I'm on sort-of the same little journey, too. Something from my past, something that has taken so much time to heal, now i'm trying to share my journey without satan whispering the lies that I believed for so long. It's hard soemtimes b/c I know the same people that hurt me then are still out there ridiculing me now. But, I know that God is bigger than all that and to Him be all the glory. I know He has shown up in HUGE ways and telling my story WILL glorify Him. Thanks for sharing your heart. I love you and your blog! :) xoxo, cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! I'm with everyone else, I can't wait til tomorrow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Found it through the book post linky at thenester. I so resonate with your word for the year - I wrote a 31 days post on Active Waiting this past fall, and found myself smack dab in the thick of it for most of the later part of 2011...I think it's a glorious word for your year, and i look forward to reading more of your posts! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara you are such an inspiration to me. so many things that i carry around wondering why and i do feel like i have a lack of faith sometimes, it's hard. you just speak from the heart and it comes through in what you write, thank you! have a beautiful weekend! susan i still need to decide on my word, tonight i'll pray on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your title and was going to come here and mention Psalm 27 and there you have it! He is SO GOOD! I love Psalm 27:13 & 14 "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living,
    Wait on the Lord be of good courage and HE will strengthen your heart, wait I say on the Lord!" I memorized Psalm 27 last year, it is one of my greatest comforts! Can't 'wait' to hear the rest of the story. And I am so not kidding one of my other verses last year, Psalm 71:14!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh did I need to read this!! LOVE when God uses others to encourage us to perservere :) This is my verse right now:
    Isaiah 40:28-31
    28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom.29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.30 Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall;31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.
    I'm praying for you as you wait on God & the blessings He has in store for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great word of the year! May things work out for you. I posted about my WOTY on my blog, if you wish to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete