Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Introducing...the simplest fall tablescape







I'm digging this simpler approach this year.  It's working for this season of life we're in over here.
I maybe should have called this post the lazy girl's guide to tablescapes!
I didn't do much at all...
Sasha gave me the heads up on a 50% off sale that Michaels was having on their flowers, 
so I headed there one morning and picked up a couple of the leaf branches.
They look freakishly real, especially with water in the glass jar. 
The only other thing I picked up was the baby pumpkins. 
If you wanna see more tablescapes, check out Centsational Girl's party!

Here's a couple of things going on with me...
I'm thrilled that we're going to be vendors at the Country Living Fair at the end of this month.
Have I even mentioned that we're doing it?    
I feel like we're sort of aimlessly moving through the motions...we have no idea what we're doing.
I'll have to show you all the signs that are stacking up in the garage...ahem..I mean our very own sweat shop.
Making the signs isn't scary...decorating a booth seems a little overwhelming, but how hard can it be?  
If it's hard, don't tell me. Sometimes denial is good.  Surely, we'll figure it out.
Feel FREE to give suggestions.


I'm frustrated at myself that once again I'm not joining in on Nesters 31 day post series!
Every year I say I want to, and every year I don't.
I feel like there's so much more in my heart than posting pictures of my dining room,
but those posts take time for me to process and get out, and I never feel like I have the margin to commit.
If only I had started preparing those posts three months ago!


Sooooooo....Tell me what's going on in your world...

18 comments:

  1. Well, I'm so glad you asked! LOL I've recently found my way back to your blog via Sasha. Isn't she the greatest?

    I love your decorating style & your simpler approach. Sometimes simpler is better -- especially for those busy seasons of life. I have two teenagers, so there's never a dull moment around here -- and the simpler approach has been working for me for a few years now. Especially at Christmas! I've [finally] learned to stop taking on the things that suck the JOY out of the season for me. I don't want to be "that mom" anymore!

    Blessings to you today Tara. I'm following along now. haha - I know you've just been waiting for me to get here, right? ~Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be a part of the country living event. Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer.
    Totally thought those were real branches!
    And I'm not doing 31 Days this year, either. For the same exact reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always classy. Need to frame my cows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kind of FALLizing! :)
    i just love your home!

    you know the art piece your hubby got for you... a little while back?
    it's in your kitchen i think?
    i went on a crazy lady search spree... i love it so much!
    love his style!
    i see why he is in high demand.
    :)

    how excited... the country living fair!
    you will SHINE!
    no question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO excited that you'll be a vendor at the Country Living Faire! I'm sure your booth will look awesome. I went to the one in Ohio a few years ago and dreamed of being a vendor one day. So fun. Lots of work, but still. You'll get to meet so many people and have such a great experience, I'm sure. I think I'll have to run out to Michaels for those branches! They really do look real. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your style is my favorite. love every bit. also i'm upset that I missed the flower sale. I needed stuff!! also I really wanted to join the 31 day challenge too...but I know its not my year to do it. i'm making a note to join in next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to join the nesters 31 days, but even making the button overwhelmed me at this point in my life... Maybe next year! I need to look into ordering a couple signs for Christmas presents this year. I love them and have a much easier time spending money on others than for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean and simple! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks beautiful. And the leaves in the big glass jug are my favorite. Might see something similar at the Kirsche home. :)
    So excited for you at the CLF! :) Can't wait to see what you come up with for your booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it and good luck at the fair, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) I love that we have the same decorations on our table. I need to add a bit of water to mine! Great idea.
    2) EEEEk!!! for the CL fair. Why don't they come to Seattle? They could totally bring you. I have a feeling you will knock it out of the park and the booth thing- don't sweat it... your signs speak for themselves just bring some of the cute branches in those glass bottles and it'll be elegantly simple. :)
    3) I always say the same thing about the 31 day thing too. And then I never do it because this month is gone before I can blink. what's that about?

    Anyway, you're awesome and I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not for a moment could i pull off the 31 days gig. not for a moment.
    i actually like you more knowing you can't either...insert crying laughing tears emoji
    AND
    i have had a crush on your ( fake? are you kidding me?) tablescape. i LOVE it!
    your'e the real deal tara & that's what makes you the most loveable thing around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the same boat: totally clueless about how to decorate a booth at a "real" event. I'll be at the City Farmhouse Barn Show next weekend. Have I prepared a thing? No. Yikes!

    Love your simple table. You know that's how I roll. Simple all the way. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those branches look so real! I've been waiting for the leaves to change so that I could bring some inside for some decorating. Well, it has finally started to happen, but now it's rainy and dreary outside. Yeah, the 31 day thing probably sounds good, in theory...till you're actually doing it. I could never think of that many posts.

    ReplyDelete